Repairing "rim" That Hood Sits On

Guest Abrienna

Guest Abrienna

I have a 20 gallon high that was given to me by my grandmother. The frame at the top of the tank is cracked, and in several places the little lip/rim where the hood rests is broken away. I can still put a hood on it, but it is quite "wobbly," and in my opinion, not so safe. I asked at my LFS if it was possible for them to just order the whole top plastic frame piece, but they don't have a supplier. Anyone have any other niffty ideas?

Thanks,

Abrienna

have you tried getting a magazine from fosters and smith? they have replacement items...you can go online and order the catalog for free....

DrsFostersSmith.com

I don't know if for the time being if you could repair it or not so that it would be safe?....or could you make one? how handy are you?......LOL

That is my idea for ya then.....hope that helps some..... :)

Guest Abrienna

I'm half-way handy, but I lack any tools and space. However, my dad has both the tools and the space. So, I'm open to ideas on building something.

Abrienna

Guest moTIGS

A picture would be helpful if you want suggestions on how to fix it yourself.

Personally, I'd probably try to figure out some way to make a new one, but I can't really help you without pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

epoxy putty and then sand it down with a low grid sand paper. then spray it, you cant even know it was cracked.

*aloha, jimmy! didnt know you were from hawaii. i'm went to hs in mckinley h.s*

Archived