One Of My Goldies Sweetie Is A Bit Of A Bully.....

lillypetal

Well, I had my first calico oranda, (2inch) 4months ago, and I introduced a new calico oranda (2 inch) as well, called Sweetie to join my lonely Churchill .

Sweetie immediately started bullying my baby Church, but that stopped a few days later and they became friends. hehe..she did no damage, but she kept biting him and chasing him round the tank.

Well these past four months, Sweetie hasn't properly bullied him or anything. Just occasionaly if she thinks he got more food then her, a little bite. But no damage.

But last night, when I was lying in my bed about to go to sleep, I was watching my fishies in the tank. (They are on my bedside table :heart )

Anyway, Sweetie was bullying him, AGAIN, she kept chasing him EVERYWHERE, he went. My poor lil Churchy was getting so upset, literally every where she was following and touching him and nudging him and he was getting well upset :unsure: Ii switched on the light, to see if she was hurting him, but she stopped immediatly. Why does she do this to my baby chuu? :P its so naughty shes an evil fishy im telling you, she is BEAUTIFUL, I really think she is stunning, but shes got evil little eyes and shes a lil bully, ah..that what children are like I guess

They are the same size and stuff, just its a bit wierd but my churchill who is an oranda just like sweetie doesnt have the typical oranda shape, he actually looks more like a little sausage than an egg shaped type of shape..orandas have...Oh well... I will love my babies 4eva n eva :rolleyes: Im a sucka when it comes to my goldies :heart

I would have suggested spawning, but their very little... maybe pre-spawing activity? I don't know if they start that young, but maybe you could ask in the Breeding section. Have you changed water or added warmer water recently or has the weather gotten warmer than it has been? If so, maybe she is just naturally reacting to the warmer water which influences spawning hormones.

"I really think she is stunning, but shes got evil little eyes and shes a lil bully."

I have a beautiful gold oranda with stunning fins, but she is a bit of a bully on my fish too, especially when it comes to food. Kind of interesting, because to look at here you wouldn't think she could be a pest. She does a little nipping and pushing to get her way. It could be spawing behavior for me though, as she's a little older than it sounds like your Sweetie is.

Anyway, good luck with her.

Well, I hope she plays nice with Churchill. I don't know if it's that or not, but I have noticed if I do changes and the temp is warmer, they get a little more playful than they normally do.

Well, I hope she plays nice with Churchill. I don't know if it's that or not, but I have noticed if I do changes and the temp is warmer, they get a little more playful than they normally do.

365038[/snapback]

I totally agree, it seems my little guys (as well as the big ones, but for different reasons... :yeah: ) do the same thing. The temp goes up, and they seem a little touchier on the food issue, and a littlemore playful when it's sleepy time! Aren't they a hoot?! If your little girlie doesn't want to be nice though, have you considered a little breeding screen? They cost like 5 bucks at the petstore, and it's mesh...So maybe you could put it in there when she's feeling extra mean that day! LOL! Just a thought! Good Luck! :heart

lol cool I'll keep that in mind. Thanx everyone...I thought of another reason, Churchill tends to follow my little girl around everywhere! He clearly loves her ! (aww) She must get a bit annoyed sometimes :P lol...

Next waterchange I'll look at the change in their behaviour. They are definetly very excited though :P

Thankuu guyz!

Archived