Advice Plaese :)

Guest 2 lil fancies

Guest 2 lil fancies

HIya,

ok i've spotted a rekord 96 tank and bits and bobs (96 litres)

i'm assuming this is gonna be big enough for my 2 fancies? Am i right.

Can anyone recommend a filter. The one i've got with my rekord 60 is a fluval 2 and they had trouble swimming against it's current, even at it's lowest setting. Any advice?

Also i want to plant it.

Light tube: 1 x 18W 24"

It has this light with it, will it be ok and what sort of plants should i get (i have ancharis in my current tank)

Hope you can help

T (uk)

The tank is 96 litres, which is about 25 gallons, it will do for the 2 fancies. The 60, which is about 15 gallons has a pretty strong filter for it's size, so that may be the problem, is there a way you could lessen the current?

Guest 2 lil fancies

Hiya,

thanks,

i actually took the filter out and bought a new smaller one. I figured that and frequent water changes would be fine.

Fingers crossed, we've had no trouble with the two since we had them (5 months ago).

Will just have to try the one in the bigger tank and see how it goes i guess.

Can't belive my ?20 quid pet for my daughter has turned into an expensive hobby lol! Wouldn't change it tho...i love my dopey gravel eating fish :)

T

For planting, I would check out the Goldfish Tanks - Plants sub-fourm, and just ask about some plants that don't require much light. In my experiance, I have been keeping a healthy banana plant with mainly sunlight from my window, so I think their light needs aren't high. There is also a pinned site called Tropica that has a list of plants and a bunch of facts about them and their requirements.

"Can't belive my ?20 quid pet for my daughter has turned into an expensive hobby lol! Wouldn't change it tho... I love my dopey gravel eating fish."

I feel the same way; could belive how expensive goldfish were, but now wouldn't trade it for anything!

Hope everything goes smoothly in your tank transition.

Guest 2 lil fancies

Ahh thanks very much roano

I'll have a look.

Nah i wouldn't change them either :) And my little girl adores them.

T

Archived