Posting Pictures

Guest Bigphil

Guest Bigphil

I was really looking forward to posting some pictures of my fish (I'm so proud of them.)

The first problem is my camera was borrowed and now it has been reurned, the lender has lost the connection lead!

Then, I am told that even when I sort that out I need to have at least 100 posts before I can post a photo.

I understand the need to protect members from people posting ###### (I read post by kokos concerning this subject) but 100 posts does seem a little OTT.

It will take months to post tha many times unless I post mundanely just to boost numers. I certainly don't intend to do that. Many of you have asked me for photos and I would love to oblige. Is there any way round this.

It is such a shame that a tiny minority of idiots can spoil things for the vast majority of us.

Guest yabbie

I posted photos at 98 and then apologised.

You only have to post 37 more times. Quick, change this to the Dear Uncle Bigphil thread and we'll ask you 37 questions.

1. Dear Uncle Bigphil,

My biggest pretty fry nudge my smallest ugly fry and they look scared. Will they sort themselves out or do they need counselling?

Yabbie.

:) Hi Big Phil! As far as I know,You can join up somewhere like Photobucket(for free I might add).Once you download your pics on there,it's all Gravy!!! You just click on and highlight the img. square-right click copy,come back to koko's on your reply screen -click image in the above box on your reply screen,right click to bring what you copied back up-paste,and then in your reply screen-click on the Close all tag Button.It's way easier than I have probably made it sound! :rolleyes::lol:

I posted photos at 98 and then apologised.

You only have to post 37 more times.? Quick, change this to the Dear Uncle Bigphil thread and we'll ask you 37 questions.

1.? Dear Uncle Bigphil,

My biggest pretty fry nudge my smallest ugly fry and they look scared.? Will they sort themselves out or do they need counselling?

Yabbie.

364363[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Not too cool Yabbie....As much as People don't always like Rules,they are there for a purpose.Intentionally posting to make greater number's on your posts,is a No-no.If Koko spots it,she'll actually dock post #'s on you. ;)

yep as previously states use a website to post your pics, and post the link :) And it doesnt take that long at all to get a high post number, :) , just give people advice, support, read through messages ask questions and before you know it, it adds up :) Im sure someone else will post the pictures on your behalf if you ask nicely too :)

I still use photobucket all the time BigPhil. It is free like Devs said. And it is easier than it sounds (if I figured it out, you can too). Once you set up your account there you upload your pics to your photobucket account. Once that's done, you have 3 boxes under each pic....

Picture136.jpg

Url

Tag

Img

You can then click your mouse in the line that you want, this will highlight it blue, then right click and choose COPY. Come back here and either start your thread or click reply in another thread and right click in your white box you type in and click PASTE. If you copied the URL box you will have pasted a link to your pic or if you copied the IMG box you will have just pasted the pic itself. You will not see the pic right then though, at the bottom click preview post or add reply and you will see it.

I always use the IMG box so the pic will already be here. When you do it this way, you do not have to use any of the little boxes above your reply box.

You do not have to wait for any amount of posts this way and I agree with you that mundane posting is unnecessary. And just to make your life easier, if you are going to be posting more than 1 pic at a time, after you start your reply box here, hold down your ctrl button on your keyboard and then your N button, you will get a new window opened that you can go to photobucket.com in and just click back and forth between the sites in the blue bar at the bottom of your screen.

I apologize if you take offense at me guiding you step by step like this, as I'm sure you already know most of this info....just trying to help! :)

Also, hosting pictures elsewhere will save kokosgoldfish.com bandwidth and space. And photobucket and imageshack are very user-friendly and convienent.

Guest yabbie
:rolleyes: Not too cool Yabbie....As much as People don't always like Rules,they are there for a pupose.Intentionally posting to make greater number's on your posts,is a No-no.If Koko spots it,she'll actually dock post #'s on you. ;)

364382[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'd deserve it too. Naughty, Yabbie! But I do think we need a goldfish psychologist here, we have everything else.

I didn't realise you were allowed to link to photos when you were still under a 100 posts. I couldn't see that in the new members info. I thought it would be just as bad because you could send people to spammy or ###### sites. But it seems you can link to a webpage... I wish I'd known.

:rolleyes: Not too cool Yabbie....As much as People don't always like Rules,they are there for a pupose.Intentionally posting to make greater number's on your posts,is a No-no.If Koko spots it,she'll actually dock post #'s on you. ;)

364382[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'd deserve it too. Naughty, Yabbie! But I do think we need a goldfish psychologist here, we have everything else.

I didn't realise you were allowed to link to photos when you were still under a 100 posts. I couldn't see that in the new members info. I thought it would be just as bad because you could send people to spammy or ###### sites. But it seems you can link to a webpage... I wish I'd known.

364768[/snapback]

LOL! I came across a thread yesterday talking about THIS thread and I was oh so very confused! :blink: Now I am "in the know"! I am inclined to agree with your idea about the fish psychologist Yabbie! You're right we have everything else at our fingertips; why not that! LOL! And the Dear Uncle BigPhil, all though rule breaking as it may be, is a hilarious idea. Maybe you should do a spin off site, where all of us weary tank cleaning, disease ridden, non-expert, goldie lovers can go to have a meltdown; and a free car? LOL!

Good Luck BigPhil with your postings!

Archived