I Think My Goldfish Are Spawning?

Guest danielle92

Guest danielle92

Is spawning when the males rub there faces in the females back end because thats what is happening with my fish. Sauce is doing that to Apple. I just now seen it when we were watching the baseball game.

Guest Lizzy

Sounds like it ;-)

The male will chase the female, trying to bump her rear end. They can get pretty rough at that. If you want little ones, make sure to either remove the fish present, or transfer the eggs to a different tank with some of the tank water. (only a tiny layer)

Guest danielle92

There doing it again this morning when I came down stairs and when I was going to feed them Sause was doing that again. It looks like Apple doesn't like it she keeps trying to run away but Sauce is still at it.

Guest Lizzy

My females always run away as well but I never had the feeling they were dreading it. ;-)

If it gets too rough though, dont hesitate to seperate them to give Apple a break.

:exactly my females ran away too..like they were playing hard to get...lol. I had two males and 3 females, so I guess the girls took turns tiring out the boys.

Guest danielle92

Well now they have stopped and there both just relaxing but my goldfish are young what will happen to the mother if she is too young and she is pregnant?

Archived