Fish In For Water Changes?

Guest Kara101584

Guest Kara101584

Do you guys leave you're fish in the tank while you clean it and change 50% of the water?

I have 2 goldies and a betta in my tank. (yes i know, betta shouldn't be there, but he's lived with those goldfish for 5 years)

Thanks! :)

If your betta has lived with your goldies stress free for 5 years than don't worry about it. Is it a female? They are usually alright with goldfish.

I hardly ever change 50% of the water at one time, but if I did, I would leave the fish in the tank. I always leave them in the tank when I am changing the water and cleaning the gravel. You just need to be careful and know where they are at all times! :)

Guest Kara101584
If your betta has lived with your goldies stress free for 5 years than don't worry about it. Is it a female? They are usually alright with goldfish.

I hardly ever change 50% of the water at one time, but if I did, I would leave the fish in the tank. I always leave them in the tank when I am changing the water and cleaning the gravel. You just need to be careful and know where they are at all times!? :)

364266[/snapback]

Actually, it's a male betta. B)

Why don't you hardly ever do 50% water changes?

Every once in a while I do a 50% so that I can see my fish... I have a green water thing going on.

And I would leave the fish in. Mine think water changes are entertaining!

Guest Kara101584
Ideally you should change 30% of the water once a week and that's why I do not do 50% water changes.

364294[/snapback]

I didn't know that! Well, I better change the way I do water changes. I'm so use to doing 100% weekly water changes with my bettas... I have to admit, and I'm not as smart about Goldfish.

Thank you!

I leave my fish in, and change 20-25 percnet water each week, or sometimes twice. I just avoid stressing them out by being careful when i siphon.

I have been doing 50% as was suggested somewhere around here for heavy waste producing fish like goldies... My tank is cycling slowly, but well, and my fish look magnificent.

also, all of the dwarf puffer keepers practicly DEMAND 50% and my little bugger isnt half as messy as my oranda. :)

Archived