Do You Have To Leave The Light On?

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

No, you don't have to leave the lights on. Goldfish do fine without it. You could just turn them on when you want to see them better or for just a few hours a day. I keep mine on only when I am home not more than 6 hours. Hope this helps. :)

They do need a dark time to sleep. Most people keep their fish on a

schedule similar to their own. I've found a timer works best for doing

this. You won't have to worry about turing it on, or forget to turn it off

if you go somewhere.

I have a timer too. It is a great tool, it is on my main tank. The other I turn off and on when I am home. I don't like to leave it on all the time in the day. Just because those fish are sensitive and the like the "dark".

In the summer time I leave my lights on far less than in the winter time. I turn them on in the morning and off at night. If you're concerned about the light getting too hot though, only have them on when you can supervise.

I turn my lights on around 11am, and turn them off around 8 or 9pm. I dont think the tank light could catch your house on fire... Well, if a curtain or something similar was on it, but you shouldnt have something like that near the tank.

I have my tank set up to a timer as well. It works out nicely. The lunear lights turn on around 10:30, and 11 the regular lights click on, 8:30 the regular lights click on, then the lunear lights stay on for another half an hour. Works out great, but I notice the light cant get hot at times. Mine has self cooling fans on it, so it doesnt get too bad.

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

Hello,

I keep my light on at night . Well if u dont want algea then keep it off =] But I love looking at my fish with my light on so now I have algea and my pleco I belive went on Vaction or he's just slackin on his job. You dont need to keep a light on .. You dont really even need one but it would be nice to have .

Archived