Killifish

Oh these fish look so cute, im really thinking of getting a few.

I have a 15 gallon tropical tank, with 2 loaches and a few guppies ( im giving

some more males away).The tank is very well planted.

How many can i get? Do they do ok with the fish i have now?

Anything else i need to know?

Alex

Alex,do you know what species of Killifish you're talking about?There are alot ofdifferent ones,and each type has specific needs.killifish Check this out.It will give you some ideas on what you're looking into. :)

I had 4 killi fish not too long ago that went with my tropical tanks when I had to get rid of them. They are such spunky fish! Im not sure what species mine where, but they were green and yellow. They were sooo cute! I had 1 male, and 3 females. The male was about 4inches long, the females being about an inche smaller. At the petshop they said they shouldnt get more then 1.5 inches but they grew much more then that within 2 months! They loved tropical flakes, but I fed mine bloodoworms twice a week. They did well with my tetras. They schooled together, stayed at the top almost all the time, except when the male would chase the females. LOL.. They would play hide and seek!

They have such great personalities!

Hi - I just got some killifish (first time). I really like them already - they're great!

Check out the American Killifish Association - lots of info on different breeds and needs. And don't forget to post pix after you get them! :D

Archived