Losing Eyes?

fishermoe14

help me my fish looks like it is losing her eyes. heres a pic. tell me what i should do. is it gonna spread or should i leave her in the same tank with 2 others.

sorry i dont know water params ( i have no test kit )

i use a sponge filter (homemade) and a hob. i feed the fish omega one. 29 gal tank 3 fish. i change the water every week. no new fish.

b471b8af.jpg

I can't tell too much from the pic, but do you think it could be pop eye? It's a fish disease where the fish's eye or eyes can end up swelling very large. Well I saw my friend's clownfish when he had it and that's what it looked like. I'm no expert on diseases, but figured it might be something you should consider.

Hi fishermoe - there's really only one way anyone can help you with any accuracy and that is (if you can) by taking a cup of your water to your local fish outlet and asking them to write down ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph then posting back here.

Also, are there any other symptoms? Any sharp objects in the tank? How long have you had your fish? Is the filter you've made adequate for a 29gal?

I'm just trying to work out whether it would be due to trauma or waterquality issues... so the answers on your water parameters will help there.

Unfortunately, no-one can answer with any certainty without knowing what's happening in your water first.

Please post back soon :)

there are no sharp objects and my filter filters 300 gal an hour i think. ive had the fish for about a year.

one more quick note there are black colorings on some of the fins and the area by the poopy chute

Archived