Fantail

Do you have real plants in your tank  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have real plants in your tank

• yes
    • no
    • don't know

Guest Inasoso

Who wouldn't know? Oh, and if you have real plants, are they potted or just in the gravel?

Nice Topic though!

Hope to see the ratio!

I seem to have received a talent for working with animals, but as a trade-off, I have absolutely no ability to grow plants. Go figure.

I really don't even want to try. Whole civilizations of greenery have died at my hands. :)

:) I have live plants, i personaly find them rather easy to work with.

You just need to have the proper equipement and take time to look

after them. At the moment i only have live plants in my 5 gallon and in

my 15 tropical planted tank. The 25 gallon (the goldie tank) is going to be getting planted soon.

Also real ones, i just think the fake ones look so well.... fake! Sorry to those who do like em' thou.

I have never had trouble with live plants, it's just a case of finding the right ones for your tank etc :)

I have real plants.

To anyone having trouble with real plants go to nnnnnn or your LFS & see if they have the packs of plant pods. My nnnnnn has them. I am on my second pack. I have many beautiful plants that are growing nicely. I wish I could send pack to each of you!!

It is fun to watch the little plants peak out of the pod & them grow! I trim mine & they keep growing!

I have real plants. 

To anyone having trouble with real plants go to nnnnnn or your LFS & see if they have the packs of plant pods.  My nnnnnn has them.  I am on my second pack. I have many beautiful plants that are growing nicely.  I wish I could send  pack to each of you!!

It is fun to watch the little plants peak out of the pod & them grow!  I trim mine & they keep growing!

364173[/snapback]

I saw those... Can you tell me how you plant them to make them grow? Do they need special prep or care???

Yes, please tell us more about the plant pods.

BTW: I only have fake. Tried real ones along time ago and they died. Would like real ones that are easy to care for in low light. Thanks.

I have real plants. 

To anyone having trouble with real plants go to nnnnnn or your LFS & see if they have the packs of plant pods.  My nnnnnn has them.  I am on my second pack. I have many beautiful plants that are growing nicely.  I wish I could send  pack to each of you!!

It is fun to watch the little plants peak out of the pod & them grow!  I trim mine & they keep growing!

364173[/snapback]

What are plant pods? :blink:

Guest Esareh

I have those bulbs too. they grow just like that! No care, just bury them under the gravel (it may pop up above the gravel) And the just GROW AND GROW! trim and grow! I love em!

I have a Bannana plant and a whole bunch of little floating ferns, Salvinia natans, which one of the fish enjoys pushing around.

"Would like real ones that are easy to care for in low light. Thanks."

I would try a Bannana plant; I don't really light mine, it just lives on sunlight from my window in the morning. Plus, the fish won't eat them. They have broad round leaves with tubers (or rizhomes) that look like little bannanas.

http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/e_banana.php

Guest 2 lil fancies

hi

i wasn't keen at first but put a little bit of ancharis in my tank for the fish to eat while we were away. I've been hooked ever since :)

The fish love it, it's just weighted down so it can grow into the gravel.

T

I have both real and fake plants, I need the fake plants for the tank with snails.

I'm thinking about trying out those bulbs too. It seems like everyone else has, so I just need to try them out myself

Guest alana001

I have seen the bulbs at nnnnnn and want to get some soon. I have the fake plants now, but real ones are going to be on the way!

Archived