Mary's Troubles Continue

Guest danxxx

Guest danxxx

Hello, thanks to everyone who's given me advice recently. I've had so many questions. Mary's still passing reabsorbed eggs (her belly is really round, so I reckon she will be for awhile). I'm going to exchange the regular salt for Epsom salt over the next few days, as Ranchugirl suggested. Aside from the egg issue (passing that crinkly clear stuff with her poo and hanging round the top or bottom much of her time), she's seemed healthy. But now, starting last night, Mary's suddenly got bad swim bladder trouble! Half the time she swims around fine (though a wee bit wonky)-when she does swim, but now at times she has real hard time staying upright. A half hour ago she was completely upside down (belly up) and had to really fight to right herself. She's back right way up now, but a little unsteady. What might be the cause, and how can I help? I fed her a couple blanched peas last night, and I've been feeding her just every other day. I don't know what else I could do to guard against constipation. Anyway, as far as I can tell, she isn't constipated. The H2O's been testing perfect. She's got no visible signs of disease. So I don't know why, but I'm having worries with the poor dear since I got her 3 weeks ago! Help?

Archived