Evil 12 Inch Airstone.

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

I got a 12 inch long airstone for my 20 gallon tank and its only blowing bubbles (barely) in 3 places. I tried poking holes in it, that didnt work. I know the airpump isnt the problem, it can power up to 6 decorations and theres only 3. my otherone, of the same brand, is powering 3, it used to be powering around 5. no problems at all. Im at a loss. whats the problem. can anyone help?

Its the 12 inch one of these

http://www.vvvv.com/global/product_det...D=1121696426404

Guest GA REBEL

How old is the hose you're using?

And maybe you should go buy a little cheap aerator and a gang valve and some more hose and let it help power the single one you already have.

hmm well im not exactly experienced with air stones as i dont have an air pump and never have!... my im gonna take some wild guess suggestions.. you could try putting it in boiling water, as if theres anything blocking holes it might boil out :huh: .. eeerm if nothing else works.. take it back to vvvv!

What is the power of the airpump? Is it enough to power a 12 inch airstone? I have a 20 g tank, and i found that my airpump that was designed for a 20g can only power a 6 inch airstone. I use 2 pumps with 2 6 inch stones. I think that your pump is not strong enough.

How about if you take the tubing out of the pump and blow, if a lot of bubbles come out then it is your pump that is not strong enough, but if there is a little bit of bubbles coming out, the airstone might be the problem. :D

How about if you take the tubing out of the pump and blow through the tubing into the airstone, if a lot of bubbles come out then it is your pump that is not strong enough, but if there is a little bit of bubbles coming out, the airstone might be the problem. :D

How about if you take the tubing out of the pump and blow through the tubing into the airstone, if a lot of bubbles come out then it is your pump that is not strong enough, but if there is a little bit of bubbles coming out, the airstone might be the problem.  :D

364097[/snapback]

thats clever.. common sense :exactly lol

Guest Esareh

its the airpump. I dont get the otherone i have like it works like a dream! but thisone will only power 3 measley airstones!

Guest GA REBEL

Age does matter, if your hose is very old and has an orange tint to it, it is water damaged and may leak and not keep a tight seal on the pump or airstone.

Archived