The Fry Are Getting Big

Debi0825

:D Hey Debi Congrats on those babies!!!  The color's on them are endless! Did you mention somewhere who the Parents are ?

363901[/snapback]

Thanks Devs. I'm pretty sure the parents are Shubunkins. But there are also comets & Koi in with them so they could be a combination BUT, I'm positive that the mama is Shubunkin.

Thats really awesome.  Congrats on your success in breeding.

364099[/snapback]

Thanks! I had tried to save eggs last year and it failed. This year I didn't even know that my water Hyacinths had eggs when I moved them to the lower pond and was very surprised to see the babies. :D

Thanks!  I had tried to save eggs last year and it failed.  This year I didn't even know that my water Hyacinths had eggs when I moved them to the lower pond and was very surprised to see the babies.  :D

364120[/snapback]

you are welcome. samething happened to me a year ago. My oranda, Miss Goldie, laid eggs all over the place, but none survived...caviar...lol. This time I caught them before it was too late...lol...now I have a million babies in this 10 gallon...they are starting to really look like goldfish and not tadpoles...lol

I am sooo JEALOUS!!! I saw your photo album!!! Your fry are HUGE compared to one I have left...Do you know how old they are?? Mine will be 2months on the 24th LOL HE still doesnt look much like a goldfish, tho his fantail is looking good :)

Your pond is beautiful! Congrats on you're fish and your amazing pond!!

I am sooo JEALOUS!!! I saw your photo album!!! Your fry are HUGE compared to one I have left...Do you know how old they are?? Mine will be 2months on the 24th LOL HE still doesnt look much like a goldfish, tho his fantail is looking good :)  

Your pond is beautiful! Congrats on you're fish and your amazing pond!!

365269[/snapback]

Thanks! I'm not sure exactly how old they are but I'm guessing 7 weeks. This is the 4th year I've had the pond. The first year we just had the lower portion and the following year we added the upper 4ft deep portion. It is a lot of work, but I love it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pondandfish

Thank you sharing pictures of your fish and pond.

I am always please to see pictures.

Is it wonder to have a pond?

I have a pond too. I am planinng to expand my pond next year if time permits.

Archived