Bullet, My Butterfly Koi

Debi0825

is that something ate him. I found just his bones at the bottom of the pond. He had been acting weird but he seemed fine on saturday. Yesterday morning I found his bones :cry1 What in the pond would eat him after he died? The other fish, the frogs, the snails?? I have the huge fist size brown Apple Snails. Would they eat his remains. I am so sad. He was a beautiful fish.

I think maybe the other fish :( I hate losing a fish.

Scott

363907[/snapback]

Thanks Scott. I'm thinking that with all the fry that maybe they made him dinner. The eat non-stop and there are a ton of them.

That was a nasty shock!  Actually, I think any of the above could have been responsible, apart from the frogs.

Sorry that you lost Bullet.  :(

363879[/snapback]

Thanks Annette. It was a shock for sure.

Guest danielle92

If you have snails in there then they will eat it and leave the bones it has happened to my dad's very old goldfish it died and the next morning we found all the snails trying to eat her. It was kinda gross :ignore .

yeah, but they wouldn't have done it (I don't think) if he wasn't sick? I don't know though? But maybe he wasn't a very strong fish?

Scott

364187[/snapback]

He seemed fine Friday. It wouldn't surprise me if the Brown Apple Snails ate him. They are about the size of my fist so they are big enough.

Im sorry to hear that. I love BF koi. And yes, it is true that any fish will eat one another when they die?they are just scavengers and unfortunately thats what they do. Sometimes you dont find any remains at all. :(

Archived