Air Stone

Guest Bigphil

Guest jmp6161987

it is a small (or large actually) strip of condensed material (I'm not sure what) that when attatched to an air pump releases air bubbles through the water in a tank (unless of course it is not put inside the tank...then it releases air to the air and is quite useless). Sorry, this is the best way I could think of to describe it. Air stones are used to help oxygenate the water, and my fish actually like to play in them too!

:)

Hi,

I have bubble walls (a long airstone) and my fish also like to play in the bubbles. :D

When you have an airstone or bubble wall, you need a pump to create the bubbles.

In summer when the tank water gets warmer, fish need more oxygen (there is less oxygen in warm water) so adding an airstone will help your fish!

:exactly

Just to give you an idea of what you're looking for here are a couple of links for ya..... :)

These can be green or blue and used under some decorations to make bubbles come out of them: http://www.bigalsonline.com/search/clickth...;log_id=4533023

This is one of the longer ones to make bubble walls: http://www.bigalsonline.com/search/clickth...;log_id=4533023

Thanks Fishrpets_ I was trying to post some links but the site shutdown - of course, AfTeR I typed the whole reply! :angry: Luckily, yours works better! :lol:

BigPhil - that's a good question! I never really thought about using one before but a few days ago I noticed that GN was eating bubbles from the surface - this can cause swimbladder problems! - so I quickly added and airstone and he was very happy. Then, I made the heat the connection! It is hotter than heck here! He needed a little O2 boost! GN really loves to play in the bubbles now! :bubbles

If you look at the picture in my signature, that is what a bubble wall looks like!

Guest Bigphil

Thank y'all you are all most helpful.

I never thought about water geting warmer in hot weather (or rather didn't think out side temp would make mutch difference)

However it has been 30 degrees hear wich is about as hot as it gets in England and my fish have been spending a lot of time in the bubbles from my filter. So I am deffinately going to get ane of these airstony thingies. :)

Archived