Here We Go Again

Guest alison6767

Guest alison6767

i swilled out the mop i had in and now all the fish are acting silly again

they keep chasing the big on and trying to get its bum

my big black fan tail has got the silver line down him has shown in breeding photo

there is loads of eggs on one of the plants and also a homemade mop i put in

i have now got the homemade mop out and also some leaves off the plant

the fish are now keep hiding in the mop and then coming out

also we have got like white bubbles around the edge of the pound what i can only describe as like washing up like stuff

:krazy::krazy:

Guest alison6767

here is the latest .......... i ladled some eggs out of the pond on monday and out them in a breeding trap in the tank indoors.... i have had to take 2 white fungi ones out yesterday and in the rest you can now see the black bigger that what they was on monday....so hopefully they are goin to hatch soon

Guest alison6767

hoorayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :newfish:newfish there is about 8 little frys around but i have took the other fish out and put them in the pond coz one of the fry escaped so i thought i would better of leaving them in there on their own

i have turned off the cleanin filter in case they get sucked up but left the air bubbles in and left the light on

i have also bought some baby fry food ................so when do i start to feed them :yeah:

Guest Lizzy

After 2-3 days they will start looking for food. Thats when they start swimming around as well, and not cling to the sides/plants anymore.

Be careful with feeding - they only need a tiny tiny bit!

The rest will only pollute the water.

Good luck!

Guest alison6767

well they are all swimmin and bobbing around now and i found another in the pond today so i have put that in tank now

so today they are 4 days since hatching

:heart:heart

Congratulations, Alison!! :happydance

Just be careful with leaving the filter off - not only is ammonia and waste building up, but the beneficial bacteria will be compromised if there isn't any "food" and oxygen for them.

I would turn the filter back on, and to prevent the fry from getting sucked in, buy a new filter sponge (the biggest aquaclear sponges do it well for me), cut a whole in the middle of the sponge (the size of the intake tube), and stick that right at the end of the intake tube, where the fry could get sucked in.

If you have a filter that lets you regulate the flow, take the flow down a notch as well.

Good luck, and remember Koko's golden rule - there better be pictures! :lol:

congrats alison, I'm glad that you are doing well with your fry, I wish you much susccuss on this new adventeure...it was exciting for me, mines are about 3 weeks old now and they are about 1.5 centimeters now...they seem to grow fast and are starting to fill out their bodies. I plan on going to the store and getting me a camera today to take some pics

Archived