College

Guest jmp6161987

Guest jmp6161987

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted because my computer broke down but I'm glad to be back.

Anyway, I am moving away to college on September 2 and am worried about my fish. I have a 25 gallon goldfish tank with 2 fish and it is over the limit for the size requirements in my dorm. I have planned for a friend to take care of them for me, with frequent visits of course and I'm paying for everything and a little to him for the trouble and work involved. I'm just worried. I've never been away from them for long periods of time and even sometimes when I'm gone for only a few days I come home and they're sick with their babysitter not noticing a thing. I worry if my friend will be capable. I'm trying to teach him about goldfish but, well, I'm just a whole lot of nervous I guess. I don't know. If anybody has suggestions as how to move 2 6 inch goldfish though, I'd gladly accept, and also if there's any good way to educate my friend (Mario) I'd really appreciate it. Maybe I'll set him up on this site in case he has questions while I'm away. I don't know. Any advice?

Thanks - Jess

26 inch goldfish! Wow thats huge. :krazy: Maybe through tupperware???? I am sure someone can tell you, way better advise than I could, I have to worry about that in a couple yrs, too.

There is a good printable book on this site for gf care... Let me find it for you.

For now this is all I can find.... I hope this helps and :goodluck

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/MovingGoldfish.html

:lol: I think that Jess meant two 6inch goldfish! :lol: Anyway, it's nice to hear from you Jess! It's great that you're getting ready to go off to College,but at the same time,I would hate not having my fish with me,then worrying about who was caring for them.I think getting Mario to join the site would be a great idea.It's really hard to try & teach someone rather quickly on how to properly care for your Goldfish,so I think having Koko's to back him up would be a great idea. The main things that I would probably instill in his brain is Water changes/Water changes/Water changes! :lol: Poor water quality has everything to do with most fishy problems.If you can teach him weekly water changes/gravel Vacs/,testing your Water Parameter's,and not adding "New" fish,or over feeding,I think that can be a good start for Mario. Good luck with College,and May the "Fishy Force" be with you and watch over your Goldies! ;)

Archived