I Need Diagnosis..theres Sumin Stickin Out..

Guest unthinkable90

Guest unthinkable90
Fish diagnosiMy goldfish is in a 5 gallon tank and on his back tail fin theres like this thing hangin off him and it kinda it shaped like a mushroom then the top came off and now...it looks like a tube thinngee hangin off..So what do you think it is? i have a pic of it but its not a good one.. CLIK here...>>>

If it kind of looks like a string attached to your fish,it could be Anchor worm.Is there only one that you see? You can remove it by taking tweezer's and gently pulling it out.Dab a Q-tip swab with Iodine/Hydrogen Peroxideonto the spot,and then follow up with some Neosporin Creme. Is this a new fish?

:unsure: It's very important to do a few things here.One is to try to remove the whole worm without breaking it,or injuring the goldfish.You'll probably have to hold the fish to remove them.Make sure that your hands are clean,and totally free of soap,etc.The best way to hold him would be to take a clean dish towel or something-and slightly dampen it with tank water to hold him in as to not cause more injury to the fish. The second thing is that you are going to have to watch over him to make sure no secondary infections set in. Keeping the Water as Pristene as possible is a must. If possible,you can also treat with an antibiotic food if you have some. If you are leary of taking out the Anchorworms yourself,there are a few medications on the Market that they sell.Anchor's Away,and Dimilin are two of them.You can also salt your tank.Good luck,and keep us posted!

Guest unthinkable90
MY FISH..There is something sticking up like a worm out of the back fin ..i know it dosnt sound right..but.. ya.. IN the black square is wherwe it is even though you really Cant See it...

Guest unthinkable90

I just checked on him.. and he still has it it looks like a brown stick just like sticking up out of em....

Archived