Anyone Know Any Inverts That Go With Goldies?

Hi all!

I've been looking for some sort of invert that can go in the same tank as goldies. :) I've pretty much ruled out lobsters because they can catch and eat fish and most grow huge. If anyone does know anything, though, I'd love to hear about it cause they're my fav! Crabs, clams, shrimp that grow too big to eat, I'd love to hear any stories or suggestions anyone has. :D Thanks in advance! ^_^ ~Danielle

I noticed that you mentioned the blue lobsters in the other thread. You could probably try them with goldies, but I don't think I would. Usually they are only aggressive with eachother, but I would not risk putting them with goldfish. They usually grow to be about 5 inches. Apple snails go well with goldfish. I have never had a problem housing them together. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else. Maybe someone else has some better suggestions. :)

Thanks Florissa! Yeah, I am still a little iffy on the lobsters. I read about them and it says they only catch small or slow moving fish. (my smallest is just over an inch, so that wouldn't go so well) I'd try snails but my mom hates when they eat all the plants. I want them though. :)

Archived