Picture Of My New 55 Gallon!

Maceo

I got my fifty five gallon put together this weekend! So far I just have the basics but I am eventually going for a ancient ruins theme. My fish love it they think they have their own personal lake after being in that ten gallon! I cna't wait untill I get the money to start really decorating it!!! Here's the site with my pictures!

http://photobucket.com/albums/b127/Renthy/

Yeah!!! Fifty - you're in the big leagues now! Those guys are gonna sprout! Keep these pix because next month you believe your eyes! I love the Roman ruins theme - can't wait to see how it is coming along! :D

cool 55g! congrats on it and your goldfish look cool!

what came with your 55g?? or did it come just as the tank? and how much did it cost ? rofl

whats the equipment thats currently running for it?

sorry about all the questions..imma get a 55g too soon and i wanna know whats best for it :)

Thanks guys. :)

Gold Ryu: I have 4 fish in there at the moment. Red -recap oranda, Spot- calico fantail,Oreo-calico oranda(he's in my avatar) and twin-red and white comet.

Marco:I've had the 55 gal. since December 2003. I got the tank and stand only for 89.99 + tax. The hood and lights was more than the tank and stand!(99.99) I have an emporer 400 and a penguin 330 running on the tank. Some people like to use cannisters but I find them to be expensive. Will get one though if I get a bigger tank. Hope I answered all your questions. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask away. Thats what we are here for. :lol:

Thanks for all the comments guys! My fish are so happy so it's was totally worth spending almost an entire paycheck on it!! :D Hopefully once I get paid again I can order some of the decorations I've been eyeing and drooling over! Darn it I wish I wasn't a poor college student!!! Oh well, I guess I'll appericate it more this way!! I can't wait to see how big my fish are gonna get! The fish manager man at my LFS said he's getting an order of pearscales in on Wed so hopefully I'll bring home one more fishy. I am gonna stop there though I think it's better to be understocked than over. Easier to keep the water in tip top shape!

Hi Maceo,

Very nice tank, your fish are very lucky.

(makes me want to get more and more and more and more... :) )

Looking at your first pic, are you sure your stand/table is strong enough, it might be sagging in the middle? Just double check to be safe rather than sorry. See if you can slip a piece of paper under all parts of the tank.

In my old tanks, the bases were only glass, so I had to put a layer of polystyrene beneath it to absorb any minor deflections in the stand.

If you keep the base well supported, hopefully you'll have many years of leak-free tankhood ;)

Hope it all goes well!

Slugger :D

Archived