Rubbermaid Tub (pond)

Jeana727

I want to make a "pond" out of a rubbermaid tub. i've heard several of you mention these. Do you set them up inside your house or outside? if outside, how do you run the filter? I thought of putting it on my little front porch. i guess I could run an extension cord out the door???? (obviously i need some helpful, knowledgable help)

Hey I recently just put up my first rubermaid "pond" about 3 weeks ago since i moved into a new house ect ect. Anyways, you shouldn't get about over 40 gallons or else it will start to bow even then it bows out alittle (the sides).

I don't have any plugs outside yet since my house isn't done getting build.So i would run an extention cord trough the back patio door.

In the winter im going to bring the rubermaid in, and put it downstairs

in the little " shop" place... or storage room.

-Alex

Where to run the filter? Well, that is pretty simple with the rubbermaids - you can hang it on them just like you would hang them on the back of your tank (if you decide on a hang-in-the-back filter, that is).... :)

You can have them either inside or out, and I would think that it would look pretty on the porch you mentioned, maybe surrounded by a few potted plants. A really soothing sound, the running water..... :heart

Archived