Progress Of New Tank!

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

i just set it up, but i need to buy 1 more filter....heres pics of what it looks like now....

and o it's a 30 gal.....

DSC02030.jpg

heres the metal stand my dad got from the auto shop

DSC02032.jpg

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy
cool tank! what kind of fishes are you planning to get??

363535[/snapback]

thanks!!

umm...i'm tranfering my fish from my other tank since they totally outgrown it....

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy
i love colored gravel, but i get bored with a color too easily!  nice nice tank...that stand looks like its a rock!  i need one of em!

363628[/snapback]

umm....i think my dad welded it together....i think you can make one or buy one cheap

it's actually pretty cool i think it can hold like half a ton or something...

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

i was worried so i just added the fish.....their tank's filter had to be taken out

so i'll be doing daily water changes........

heres pic with new airstone and filter added (and tube to other filter)

DSC02043.jpg

and heres a pic of my new filter i just got....it's whisper 30-60(300 gph)

DSC02047.jpg

:) Smooth sailing so far,eh? I'm assuming that you hung their old filter along with the new one on the new tank? Have you allready cycled it,or are you doing it with the fish in there? If so,I'm thrilled that you got the Test Kit because you'll have to do alot of testing and water changes until you get through the Cycle Stage. Your Fish are totally going to love the New Space-for sure!! As for Plants,try low light ,easy ones for now. Anubia's,Crypts,Onion Plants,Java Moss,Java Fern,etc...If you want to ,you can just buy a couple pretty silk ones until you do some more research on what you'd like. I'm loving the tank! Keep up the great work! ;)

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy
:) Smooth sailing so far,eh? I'm assuming that you hung their old filter along with the new one on the new tank? Have you allready cycled it,or are you doing it with the fish in there? If so,I'm thrilled that you got the Test Kit because you'll have to do alot of testing and water changes until you get through the Cycle Stage. Your Fish are totally going to love the New Space-for sure!!  As for Plants,try low light ,easy ones for now. Anubia's,Crypts,Onion Plants,Java Moss,Java Fern,etc...If you want to ,you can just buy a couple pretty silk ones until you do some more research on what you'd like. I'm loving the tank! Keep up the great work! ;)

363818[/snapback]

yeah the left one has some "good" bacteria in it, maybe after a week i'll go to the store to buy some plants :)

I thought that stand had to be made to measure - it's awesome!

And so is your tank, I've never seen that coloured gravel before, it's cool.

So glad you got some test kits. Along with daily water changes I find Prime an invaluable asset to cycling a tank. Half the dose of Prime for the total volume (30g) will detoxify ammonia up to .3 and nitrItes up to 2. Handy to know if you have an emergency or haven't time to do a water change.

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

i just tested the water and it was 0 -.25 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 10 -20 nitrAtes(i guess this was because of the filter.....)

You can paint/color/whatever one of your own, if you'd like. That's what I did. I also think wrapping paper is a good idea. It's big enough, and cheap, too! You can afford to change it as often as you want. :D

Archived