Anyone Know The Value Of Vintage Tanks?

I can't really find much info regarding vintage tanks and thier worth. Do any of you know anything about them?

Here's a pic of a 55 gallon thats in really good shape. She asked for 40 bucks outright so I know I can haggle her down to 30 or less. Sound like a good deal to any of you?

post-1193-1121582468_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes: I have no true idea on what they're worth today(maybe their weight in gold) :crp :lol: I do know that not too long ago,there was a bidding war on a 10 gal.with the metal top & light that sold over a Hundred Bucks,if you can believe that! :o I have a thirty gallon that I use for Hermit Crabs.It weighs a ton-especially with the sand in it,but it sure has stood the test of time.Although those tanks are soooooooooo heavy,I think I'd go for it! 30-40 Bucks sounds like a good enough deal to me. :D

I got a 20 gallon tank with those metal sides for free from a job we were

doing at a customer's place. One of the glass sides needs replacing though.

The corners even have the metal supports going around them, and it's black

silicon rather than the clear stuff.

I'd see if you can barter down a little. :yeah:

Wow I would haggle the heck out of 'em & then jump on the deal!!

:lol1 ((then if you were a nice person you would ship it to me!)) :rofl

That's an awesome tank I would jump on that deal in a heartbeat!! But in response to your question I have no idea about the value on vintage tanks but that tank rocks! Goldfish would look so cool in that! :rockon

Sharon, I saw that tank on ebay too! I was bidding on it, until it reached outrageous prices! Quite a few were offered back then, among them 5 gl ones as well. Haven't seen them for a while now though.... :unsure:

Paul, I think those tanks are quite popular. I know I would go for it for sure - those vintage tanks look so darn good!

:D I happen to have a complete set-up of the 5 gal. tank.They were so cute with their lttle metal tops and light.The only prob is that it leaks so I can't use it for fish anymore.I think its the actual slate part that's worn down-not the silicone or anything. Smack ,you think your fish tanks weigh alot?????These bad Boys weigh three times more. That thirty gal. of mine,is hard to pick up when it's empty!!! :yikes:lol:

Well, if that tank is still there come sturday morning, its mine! :lol:

The lady that runs the pile of stuff in the pic is at a weekend flea-market (swap meet). She has TONS of junk just heaped everywhere. And it is all tanks and stuff. Mostly ten gallons and a few 20 longs. Whisper filters out the wazoo and airpumps. Pretty much junk. BUT, every now and again, because I take the time to dig deep. I find great stuff! Just last week I found a sand shark internal filter for 5 bucks. Of course, the 55 too. But, I didn't have the cash for it right there.

Anyway, I hope its there....... B)

Archived