Blue Lobster Crabs?

Ranchugirl

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with those blueish crabs in a goldfish tank. I have seen some very beautiful specimen in the pet store, hiding under a rock, and am thinking really hard to get one of them. The ones I saw were about 2 1/2 inches big, and seem to need a hiding space.

So, anybody having anything blue in a tank?

:D Did you know that they were originally found in the Everglades? I have always thought them to be awesome crayfish myself-though I have never tried them out in my tanks.I know that they like their water to be between 65-75 degrees,and that two different "Chain" Petstores around here have them in with Goldfish. I read that they aren't agressive at all with fish,that they can grow up to 7 inches or so,and that the female carries the eggs on her back for about 4 weeks.They hatch-stay on the Mom for a week or two & then go off on their own.I did read that the juveniles can be really mean to each other when it comes to food. I guess I'm not really answering your main question here,but from what I read,as long as you have Alot of hidey holes,and they're big enough not to get grabbed by your fish,that they might be fine. :rolleyes::lol:

7 inches??? :thud Halelujah, that must be looking pretty impressive in that pretty blue color... WOW!

Sharon, I'll get one and put a few terra cotta pots on their sides for hiding spots. You made me! :rofl

:rofl No really Andrea, get two---have lots of babies,and then mail me a few!!! That way I'll get to try them out too! :rofl That electric blue color is beautiful,isn't it? :yeah:

Danielle, I am not exactly sure about the name for them, I have to go back and check. I only know it is a nice blue, and come to think of it, it does look kind like a lobster. Well, I know for sure tomorrow.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
:D They are called Blue Lobsters Danielle,But technically they really are Crayfish. Hey Andrea,what happened????Did you end up getting one or what? :lol:

Thanks, Sara - some great site to read up on! :)

Guys, I was so busy with work, that I hardly had time to do anything besides eating and sleeping, but next week is slow and carefree, so they'll see my face in their store next week Wednesday, when they by sheer coincidence (HA!) get their goldie delivery that day... :rolleyes:

:P You're such a bad girl!!!! I saw some on Aquabid tonight & came ---this close to bidding on them!!! I need to find my apt. so I know what kind of room I'm working with!!! :rofl

Archived