Emergeny Help

Guest zena

Freeze a few large waterbottles and put them in one at a time. My tank is 85ish in the summer, sometimes higher. I tried the waterbottle trick but One liter of ice melted in like five minutes so I knew it wasn't going to work. Is the water temp permanant?

Kissy,My orlando is just barely able to swim I see your online, should I tske him out of the 10 gallon aquarium and put him in a hospital tank, He is going downhill fast, and I don't know what else to do. Thanks for the freezing of water bottles,but he looks sick to me.

You can't just dump him in water that is way cooler...it will shock his body and kill him...you need to bring the water down gradually. I would agree with Kissy....put some frozen water bottles in the tank. If you don't have water bottles handy, you can use baggies of ice but make sure to dechlorinate the water you use to make the ice cubes in case that water leaks into the tank.

Sorry I didn't reply faster!! My email is broken so I don't get notice when someone posts. You need to cool the water down slowly, or else you will shock him like said above. How's he doing????

Archived