New Fish! New Plants, New Betta!

Graham

OK here it is! This is my cat's birthday present :teehee He loves it already!

DSCF0990.jpg

There are seven gardneri killifish - called:

Nasi Goerng, Babi Pang, Gado-gado, Sambal Oelek, Sate, Kunyit, and Krupuk(these are all dishes or spices of Indonesian rijstaffel - yum!).

There are four Japanese cherry shrimp called:

Ich, Ni, San, Chi (one, two, three, and four in Japanese).

And, there was a bonus snail - I call him Sakuraba-San (Mr. Cherry Tree).

The big plant is a giant java fern, the spikey ones are japanese fan, and the moss ball is Marimo (I have more of these in QT for Graham's tank with some Anacharis).

acbe6b2e.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

The whole crew:

DSCF1037.jpg

And Fafner, the Betta - a gift to my husband for keeping Graham Norton!

DSCF1007.jpg

And, the one and only - fully recovered GN in his (new) 20 gallon tank! (His tank will have some major interior design after the new filter gets here - in two weeks).

DSCF1033.jpg

Now, let's just see if I can keep it all in this shape! :rofl

(ooops! I posted inthe wrong forum - sorry!)

I was thinking goldie because the plants are for Graham - I wanted to start a separate planted tank to see how I do with plantkeeping so I can grow some and then slowly introduce them to GN's tank. He needs plants! :)

Guest Shiari

awwwww... lovely tank, lovely little fish, and a happy cat! Those plants are groing to grow like mad, I'm sure.

Oh! and you'll want to rename that one shrimp to "shi" *chuckles* as that is one of the two ways to count "4" in japanese. ^_^

cool! i like the way you put your cats tank at the bottom and your main one at the top hehe, cool looking betta toO!

and your cats looks nice :D

Hi Everyone - Thanks for all your nice compliments - I don't like to show-off bu tI am very excited about my new hobby and no one ever comes over my house! (it's too small!) So, without you, no one would ever see my fish! THanks!

Wallace is a fabulous cat - he was rescued from the mean streets by a local feral cat group. He seemed to have been around people before so they tried to get him adopted. He was returned twice! :( Becasue he is not in perfect health and he likes to bite - I dunno - he never bit me... makes you wonder)! He is enormous! So, being big, biting, and having a little diet problem (rot gut from scaveng in the street) - no one wanted him! :cry1

One day, I went to the store to get food for my Betta (RIP Felix) and came out with Wallace! Hubby did not say a single word - he knew better - and now he loves the cat as much as I do!

Wallace was SOOOO scared of everything! But, now he is great! He still hates brooms, plastic bags, and large, dark things (makes you wonder...) But he is very happy! And he loves his fishtank - he deserves it! He has spent 50% of his time in front of the tank since I set it up two days ago!

He thinks the Marimo ball is his toy that got stuck in the tank and can't figure out how it got in there!

Shiari - So, shi is how you spell the number four in Japanese? I call the shrimp One, Two, Three, Four in Japanese - but I don't know how to spell them!

Tam - yes, GN gets a Zen tank, too! But, I can't take out the gravel until the new filter is up and running for a month so it may take a while - esp. since the new filter won't be here for two weeks! Then I can lose the UGF, too. (Yeah)!!!

Actually, the plant tank also gets a fat, happy buddha that is not here yet.

Congrats Grahm! They all look soooooo nice! What is that attatched to the top of you topical tank? I never thought GN was so big! I lopve the pic of wallace playing with the tank how priceless! :rofl I think the new tropic tank looks just awsome! I think GN will love the makeover once the filter comes in! Any theme in mind?

Thanks, Black Oranda! The killis colors are really starting to come out - they are gorgeous! But, you can' see the bright yellow stripe on the tail and top of the dorsal fin... But, the Buddha arrived!

DSCF1065.jpg

DSCF1070.jpg

BUT I have not seen the shrimp in three dayS!!!! They have completely disappeared! :blink:

PS - the thing at the top of the tank is a (wonderfully inexpensive) CO2 chamber - it's called the CO2 Fizz Factory - I chose plants that did not require CO2 but I thought a little every now and then would help! I have to replant the Java fern so when I do that I will try to move the CO2 ocntainer to the back of the tank - hopefully, I will spot a shrimp while I am in there!

Graham's new tank will be also be a Japanese theme. I was trying to make it look similar to the one in my signature but I think I have already changed it quite a bit!

I wasn't planning on this hobby - but I sure am liking it! :D

Archived