Me Again!

:unsure: im not sure about my common Mouschi.. she has a scale on one side of her that is going a greeny black color.. i think the best way to describe it would be it looks like its growing algea on! its not just the scale its a small area around it two so it is something other than colour pigment.. Also her head seems to have, what i would call, bruises on.. its as though she is changing color but its not her skin, its under her skin.. as if her brain is bleeding..

iv also noticed this 'algea' stuff spreading from the one scale its hardly noticeable everywere else.. but this one scale is not orange anymore!

its like gangreen :o

its very odd.. has anyone come across anything like this before?

Guest GA REBEL

I've never heard of anything like that, maybe a fungus or internal parasite? I have no idea, i'm sure someone can help you out though.

You should make a post in the Disease section, and find out your params and answer all the questions at the top.

Does it look like a round green disk? It could be fish lice; have you added any plants, goldfish, other fish or anything into your tank?

i think it was there before i put the river rocks in.. no it doesnt look like a disk im pretty sure its not lice.. its definatly like stuff growing.. it looks just like algea!

Maybe fungus? I don't know, and I would post a topic in the disease section and see if anyone with more experiance than me can help you. Good luck with Mouschi.

Are you sure it wasn't the color changing under his skin on his head?

Make sure to keep a close eye on him then, and hopefully it was nothing at all.

Archived