Prime Vs Cycle

chico

I am all about questions today!!

I have a new tank; 14 days old. I am currently using the product CYCLE. I am reading on here lots of posts involving the product PRIME (and AMQUEL).

Is Cycle and Prime the same type of product?

And what about AP's Stress Zyme? I have a bottle of that...but now I am not sure about what chemicals I should be adding!!

Any advice is greatly appreciated, as always!

Guest Phreno

To clear things up: Prime is a dechlorinator, Cycle is a bacterial additive. So is stress zyme.

Its important to use a good dechlorinator, and Prime is the best in my oppinion.

You can add whatever bacterial additives you want, but the only one that works well is biospira. From what I've heard, its the only one that does the job right.

Guest Phreno

Well, its only sold to mom and pop type stores, so it may be difficult to find. You can get it online somewheres, but its expensive, like 30$ a bottle I think?! :blink: But it works, so....

I don't have a url, so maybe someone else can help you find it. :)

DataGuru, thanks so much for the link. I made the purchase. I had it sent 2day air. I hope I don't encounter any difficultes w/the weather being so warm where I am. (Chicago - about 95 to 100 these days.) Does anyone feel this would be a problem??

Guest Phreno

For what? Biospira can be left in the heat for hours, I believe. And if your tank is hot, it just means the bacteria can work better and faster...

Bernie ships with a cold pack I think.

Gotta keep em cool while they're in the package. tho last I heard, Dr Tim was saying they could survive in the package at room temp for 6 months.

Now after you add them to the tank, warm is good. speeds up their growth rates.

Guest Esareh
i've been using stress coat to declorinate the water. it removes chlorine, nauetralizes chloramines, and detoxifiles heavy metals.

363587[/snapback]

It also usually contains aloe witch can coat the gills of the fish whitch can cause problems.

Archived