Lighting Question

Guest Grey Legion

Guest Grey Legion

As some of you may already know I am by no means new to the fish world, but I am new to Goldies so I will have to ask all the silly newb type questions.

so here is my first:

I have alight over my goldy tank, but I choose to keep it off during the day the room the tank is in gets a lot of sunligh during the day so the tank stay bright and the fish have no problems eating or swimming about, I do howevr turn the light on after supper to be able to enjoy watching the fish in the evening..

I would however like to be able to keep the light off for as long as possible to ward off any algae, the room is bright but the tank cannot get any DIRECT sunlight.

I want to keep the appearence of this tank top notch with out having to spend a day scrubbing it.. I have other tanks for that..LOL

so is it ok ?? will it harm the fish if the light is off..the light BTW is a 6700K 30 watt NO (Normal Output) flouresent so leaving it on for long hours WILL cause algae to grow..

Thanks

thats what i do mostly. I keep the lights off because of te heat, but turn them on in the evenings... mostly for my plants. no one seems upset by it yet! :)

Guest Grey Legion

Good to know, unlike my other tanks I have NO REAL plants in my Goldy tank so the lighting I guess is really just for my enjoyment..

Archived