Lighting Suggestion

Uhmm what does bump mean? I've been wondering this ever since I became a member! If I was to take a guess...does it mean just posting so the topic is back up at the top of the forum? Sorry for my stupidity

Maniacholic, have a look at this....

shop lights

I like those shop lights, because you can hang them from the ceiling on chains, which would be perfect above an indoor pond. Instead of the usual bulbs they come with, I just put aquarium of plant lights in them. There are cheaper ones at nnnnnn though.

There is also a thread from DataGuru about her lighting on her new big tank. Betty made that light herself.

DataGuru's lighting

Maniacholic, have a look at this....

shop lights

I like those shop lights, because you can hang them from the ceiling on chains, which would be perfect above an indoor pond. Instead of the usual bulbs they come with, I just put aquarium of plant lights in them. There are cheaper ones at nnnnnn though.

There is also a thread from DataGuru about her lighting on her new big tank. Betty made that light herself.

DataGuru's lighting

363266[/snapback]

I was hoping to avoid punching a hole onto the ceiling though... sure it's easy to punch, but the hard part is filling them back up... hey andrea isn't there lights for hoodless tanks do you have any idea what they're called? hopefully they're in my price range :unsure:

See, my hubby would just punch a whole in the ceiling (must be a man thing :rofl ) - I get those hooks you usually get in the garden department for hanging flower baskets. They come in different sizes, depending on how light or heavy the stuff is you wonna hang. I get the biggest I can find, and screw them into a stud in the ceiling.

I have never seen lights for hoodless tanks, and if you find one, it might not be big enough to fit over a 4-6ft pond.

Another thing I just thought of - egg crates. White plastic from the lighting department. It looks similar to this, and comes in sheets, which you can cut to size. If you have that on top of your pond, you can just put shop lights on top of those crates. The only drawback - it doesn't look all that great.... :rolleyes:

See, my hubby would just punch a whole in the ceiling (must be a man thing :rofl ) - I get those hooks you usually get in the garden department for hanging flower baskets. They come in different sizes, depending on how light or heavy the stuff is you wonna hang. I get the biggest I can find, and screw them into a stud in the ceiling.

I have never seen lights for hoodless tanks, and if you find one, it might not be big enough to fit over a 4-6ft pond.

Another thing I just thought of - egg crates. White plastic from the lighting department. It looks similar to this, and comes in sheets, which you can cut to size. If you have that on top of your pond, you can just put shop lights on top of those crates. The only drawback - it doesn't look all that great.... :rolleyes:

363281[/snapback]

the link doesn't work, can you get me the catalogue # please

Gosh, it took me forever to find that at the HomeDepot website, and then they change stuff around! sigh...

Okay, how about this then? Thats an egg crate....

eggCrate.jpg

.... and you'll find it at Homedepot in the lighting section.

Archived