How To Get To Eat?

Guest RyukinSamurai

Guest RyukinSamurai

Well, I've tried feeding my goldfish peas and spinach, but pretty much all they do is watch it sink down. I doubt they know they're supposed to eat it. :huh: The only thing they'll eat is oranges and their fish food, but I'm trying to get them to eat a bigger variety of different foods. Any suggestions on getting them to eat?

My only suggestion is to try other veggies like zucchini and romaine letttuce untill you find something they will eat then reintroduce the peas and such so maybe they will realize "hey that other green stuff was good so maybe this will be to!" or you could mix veggies into a gel food . I am pretty sure that most goldies will gobble up gel food.

Yep as the others have already said, try mixing peas in with your flakes. When they get really hungry, they will eat it. From experience, my fish dont really like spinach, they eat it and then spit it out straight away, try other things like a tiny tiny bit of banana, or tiny bit of salmon which my goldies went crazy for :P

Just introuduce them to a varied diet slowly, and mix it in with your current food. :) Hope that helped :)

Archived