Done Tank!

rightyho, ive nearly finished changing my tank to river rocks and the background and everything.. the only thing left is the teracotta pots for the plants.. or if anything else would look better im open to suggestions?

526a7748.jpg

if the pictures are gonna work.. this is before i started yesterday.. after i took the gravel out..

161e191b.jpg

eeer, a pile of poo.. if you find it interesting.. thats how much gets on the bottom in about two days, or was it one!

04712cda.jpg

empty tank.. except water and fish - the water is green as it has medication in it

41810115.jpg

everything except background.. there used to be an internal background, a plastic rock wall - in first piccy

194ac101.jpg

this is the mess my room gets in due to fish!

2c4ffe2f.jpg

this is the background i made.. it is painted (by me) it says 'goldfish' in chinese

e19593e4.jpg

all done - except water is still green so you cant see the background too well!

dfa4c027.jpg

this is just a really pretty moth that sat on my skirt when id finished and wouldnt leave my room all night.. its still sat on the ceiling now!

hope you enjoyed my photo journey.. :huh:

I LOVE the moth! XD he looks like s really kewl stuffed animal! :D

tank looks awsome! the green water is algea... the free-floating sort. i had that problem. the trick is to keep the tank in the dark for like 3 days... and then keep your lighting hours down. the longest i leave my tank lights on anymore is 8 hours... and thats for the planted ones.

That's what my room looks like right now cuz I'm dealing with fish problems lol. Beanie babies and all! I dumped them in the hallway cuz I needed the 15 gallon rubbermaid for a waterchange today...parents won't be too happy that now that my room is full of crap the hallway is filling up lol! Beautiful fish and fantastic looking tank :)

Thankyou.. my mum doesnt seem to like the tank now though.. although she is more of a tropical fisher! prefers the gravel

The moth WAS huge!!! :rofl

Raith.. yea it does say gold fish, i thought that would be kinda cool and would suit the chinese look, as goldfish are chinese! i might try and find some fake bamboo?

Fondoo, your ryukins are just lovely! that tanks lookin good too!

The green in the water is medication.. it this really old stuff my mum had for her tropicals, but it does wonders for my fishies! it treats pretty much everything and disinfects live foods so i must find somewhere that still sells it when i run out :krazy: !!!!

:lol:

i looked up the super moth and its called a swallowtail moth, found in England, wales and south of scotland.. it lives in ivy!

another one joined me in my room that night.. twas exactly the same.. he left last night while i was asleep, the other one (the one in the pic) flew out the window and straight into a spiders web :krazy: which i rescued him from! :heart he was all tangled!

• 2 weeks later...

ive changed it again!!!

since i did that it had been driving me NUTS!!! i couldnt clean it properly and it was just getting annoying.. so i changed it.. and it looked worse.. but after about 2 weeks of changing things round alsomst every day iv done it!

i put the gravel back in and the river rocks just around things like the bottom of plants etc.

i got my inspiration from mariocrazy's mum's signature.. with the (lovely) plant with the rocks round it and the roman thingy.. except my main feature is bogwood.. iv finaly got an air pump so iv got BuBbLeS!!! i think it looks the best its ever looked now and i will take photos when the batteries for the camera have charged.. il post photos in a new thread.. as this ones getting long.. and i dont like long threads :rofl

Great pictures. You are a talented photographer. That picture of the moth is really special, the way you captured his face.

Archived