Tetrafin Goldfish Crisps

Has anyone tried TetraFin Goldfish Crips? I know you should give you fish a variety of food, from blood worms to flakes. But supposely TetraFin Goldfish Crisps generate as much as 35% less waste than competing flake foods.

Guest Phreno

From experience, I did notice less waste, but I stopped using those once I realized they neglected the nutrition info. It's like buying something at the grocery store without knowing the fat and carbs and calories and stuff, you just wouldn't do it...

• 1 month later...

I like the fact that these crisps come in two varieties - the 'color enhancing' variety that contains the same algae found in ColorFin granules, and the 'muscle growth' variety...

The goldfishes seem to like them too. Unlike flakes, they don't easily break apart so less fall to the bottom. Even if some fall onto the gravel, my goldfishes will almost always go down and find them within 10 minutes.

The only problem with these crisp is, the outer red ring seems to cause my fishes to poop red... the poop is so pink-red sometimes it resembles a bloodworm...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greenhands

I think they're an improvement over traditional flakes. They're less prone to crumbling, so you don't end up with a quarter of the container full of dust. They make for a "heartier" meal, but make sure you soak them first.

I love them, but my light colored gravel ended up pink after a couple weeks.

• 6 months later...
:) I used them in the beginning when I first got my goldfish. They liked them O.K., but I did not ues them long enough to notice "less waste", as I started feeding Progold shortly afterward. I just wanted to go to a pellet food. And with the Goldfish Crisps, I did not see what was in them so I was uncomfortable not knowing what I was putting into my fish!

• 1 month later...

I orginally started feeding my goldies these and they do cause less waste , however the nutrition of the tetra flakes and crisps is not that well. A member here on Koko's recommended Omega One Foods to me and I have been using them every since ( available at vvvv) Tetrafin is low quality as nutritiom goes because one of the main ingredients is flour and fish meal. The Omega brand's main ingredient is Salmon followed by fresh seafood. My goldies inhale the Omega and would let the Tetrafin just float around. I guess they know the difference between a McDonald's happy meal and a nice big steak

I orginally started feeding my goldies these and they do cause less waster , however the nutrition of the tetra flakes and crisps is not that well. A member here on Koko's recommended Omega One Foods. Tetrafin is low quality as nutritiom goes because one of the main ingredients is flour and fish meal. The Omega brand's main ingredient is Salmon followed by fresh seafood. My goldies inhale the Onega and would let the Tetrafin just float around. I guess they know the difference between a McDonald's happy meal and a nice big steak

• 1 month later...
  • Supporter

When i adopted my fish they were already eating these, so I stayed with them. They love them but being in an overstocked tank I was stuck with pink water! So I have switched to Omega flakes and pellets due to their higher quality materials and nutritional value.

• 1 month later...

Hmmmmm. I use TetraFin Goldfish Crisps as a treat for most of my fish, and it's the only thing my two white fancies will eat as they recover from sickness. I've never had pink water.

I'm looking at the container right now. The nutrition info is right there - min. crude protein 44%, min crude fat 13%, max. crude fiber 2%, max mointure 9.0%, min. phosphorus 1.6%, min. niacin 550 mg/kg, min. chiline 1700 mg/kg, min inositol 1100 mg/kg, min vitamin c 285 mg/kg. The ingredient list is also very thorough.

I like the fact that you can see the uneaten food. Makes it easy to vac. it out - same with the poop.

ProGold is one of the best foods you can get, yet there is no nutritional breakdown on the package. All you know is that it's 40% protein. Even the ingredients are incomplete - they end the list with "and much more" This doesn't stop me from using ProGold, because I know it's a good product from a great source.

When fish are sick and they need to eat, the TetraFin Crisps will get their appetite going - seen it, done it.

• Supporter

I forgot to say in my other post that the "less waste" claim seems to be true, since switching to the new food I have more stuff in the gravel than I did with the crisps.

The main reason I switched was from other people giving great reviews of another food, and the ingredients in the new food. Fish meal is the main ingredient in the crisps where the main ingredient in the new food is Whole Salmon. But the crisps are not bad...my fish ate them for a long time and they are healthy and huge! So I am definitely NOT giving them a bad review...if I was properly stocked I very much doubt my water would've turned pink. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,this is a second old thread that you've pulled up.Please don't post anything on threads older than three months.If you're interested in a topic,start a new one. :) Thanks.

sure will.

sorry about that.

oh i remember you devs

you helped me out when my fantailhad s.b.p

thank you so much but he died last week of dropsy....=[

Archived