Always Keep A Lookout For Yard Sales...

Drgong

Got a 29 gallon tank with the works for .... $20 !! :krazy::krazy: :alc

Its going to be a tropical tank, so no more goldies (I have 9 already!) ...put in a pad from my goldfish tank to boost the cycle nicely :)

Tiger barbs, Zebra's, Rummy noses, Cori's, and I am leaning towards a rainbow shark for it too :exactly

But, keep your eyes open, goldfish tanks can happen for cheep!

that is a great find! I saw a tank stuck out on a lawn a few days ago so I stopped to look at it and they wanted $1,100 for it!!!!!! Just a tank to no hood, light or anything and it was all dirty to. It looked like a 55 gal, i was so excited when I saw it, then when i sw the price I was like dang. I'm gonna keep looking though, i have to get lucky one of these days:)

owow, congrats! nice deal too

hehe $1,100 dolloars!?!?!? you could buy a NEW 55gallon tank with all the equipment in it at my LFS and have buy some goldfishes with it and have extra money left over for something else!! sometimes they can really be a rip !

that is a great find! I saw a tank stuck out on a lawn a few days ago so I stopped to look at it and they wanted $1,100 for it!!!!!! Just a tank to no hood, light or anything and it was all dirty to. It looked like a 55 gal, i was so excited when I saw it, then when i sw the price I was like dang. I'm gonna keep looking though, i have to get lucky one of these days:)

362584[/snapback]

Before I bought it I made them fill it up with hose water to make sure it didn't leak :exactly

the stocking plan is tiger barbs, 5 zebras, 5 rummy noses, 3 cory cats, and one rainbow shark, or thereabouts...

Sweet deal! Remember to post pix. when you get the new guys in there!

Thanks for the reminder,t oo - I wish I had thought of that when I was panicking about giving up GN! There are not so many yeard sales in the city so I didn't think about it... I might have gone to my friend's neighborhood in MD...

Or check in the penny saver or local paper - craigslist, too!

Thats a great deal! I recently was given a 29 gallon by a customer at work. I have also gotten a free 55 gallon setup from a customer in the time Ive been there. Working at a pet store has its advantages!

I would probably not put the rummynoses together with the tiger barbs, just to be safe. Tiger barbs are actually pretty aggressive and rummynoses are a pretty delicate tetra. I would probably do just one or the other. If you do decide to go with the tigers, get at least 8 because any less than that and they will be pretty aggressive with the other fish. They need very large schools to feel safe and cut down on the aggression.

What color tiger barbs are you going to get, if you do? We have the typical yellow and black ones at work as well as an albino form and my favorite, the green tiger barbs. Those are so pretty, and really different looking! :)

Congrats on the new tank. I always look at yard sales hoping to find a great buy on a tank set up. No luck so far :angry: But I'm always on the look out!

Right now I just have one tank with my Goldies, but I would :heart to set up another tank with a small school of Tiger Barbs! They are real cuties but remember the have to be kept in groups! :exactly

Congrats on the new tank, I should probably start looking around soon.

Im only getting a few more tanks and thats it. I want maybe a 55 gallon

for the goldies. Then maybe another 20 gallon so i could move the tropicals

from the 15 gallon to that. And turn the 15 gallon either in a betta tank

or a newt tank. Anyways good luck, oh and pictures please

Alex

I would probably not put the rummynoses together with the tiger barbs, just to be safe. Tiger barbs are actually pretty aggressive and rummynoses are a pretty delicate tetra. I would probably do just one or the other. If you do decide to go with the tigers, get at least 8 because any less than that and they will be pretty aggressive with the other fish. They need very large schools to feel safe and cut down on the aggression.

Woops, a little too late- bought them already, but i will keep a eye on them...

I love those stories about ppl getting new tanks for fish :D . I only have one, thats the downsaide of only being 16 and being able to put just any pet in the house. Congrats everybody! I am sure everyone has a good fish story to tell ;) . I got my 30 gallon at an auction for 20, my uncle bid it for me and won because I am usually their official gopher in those things :rolleyes: .

Archived