I Want A New Fish

kflynt2004

as long as you remember to quarantine then thats the main thing. what kind of fish does your local fish store have? i would go for another fancy. which type is up to you really but ryukins have a tendency to float and i think ranchus are quite cute, especially the black ones.

good luck picking your fish, its always the fun bit. :)

Like Gold Ryu said, you can do that, and if, your sure the tank is healthy, you can take some of the gunk on your filter in your cycled 40, and put it on the filter cartrige in the soon-to-be-QT tank.

Or you can jsut setup a new tank, wait to get a fish for a little while, and then do the fishless cycle.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/FishlessCycle.html

BTW Danielle, that's a cute name for a cute fish!

That's a really good idea Ryu! If you wanted to you could also buy some bio spira to add to the tank as well. I have really been impressed with the effect it's had on my cycle! Got to thefishstore.com and you can get some. A ten gallon tank only costs ten bucks. Just add in a decent filter, and a your choice of deco, I'd say you're good to go. I set up my QT tank for about 40 bucks! And it's so nice to have around when you have a sick little one! You can give it the special care he needs without having to medicate thewhole tank with the other healthy ones!

:lol1 I would suggest an Oranda. Orandas are playful & smart and come in all colors! I really like them! :exactly

Did we mention O R A N D A S? :lol:

Archived