My Redcap Oranda

Fantail

Thanks, alot of people have commented that my water is clear. Anyway, the fish next to Puff is a common, he doesn't have a name, any suggestions though? :)

Well, you see, i don't live in Hong Kong, i was just born there and visit my family there once in a while. And i think my "secret" are the plants. So many people have asked, and i have no idea why my water is clear. Well, the tank is overstocked, and i change water every week at 20 percent water. I have so many plants in the tank, i think that helps.

Especailly the lucky bamboo. My filter only does a turn over of 4 times per hour.

One more thing is, i don't feed a lot, just what they eat in 1 minute, 2 times a day.

I still think it is the plants, at first i had no plants and the water is cloudy. I'm sure that the plants suck up the nutrients so that algae doesn't grow, and that little bit is eaten by the alage eater.

Really gorgeous (they both are but I admit I can't exactlty see Speedy)!

I just added plants to my tank and they seemed to make a big difference to me!

is your tank acrylic? It looks like it might be - THAT makes a big difference, too!

I like how your tank is sort of free-standing - is it on top of a counter?

Really gorgeous (they both are but I admit I can't exactlty see Speedy)!

I just added plants to my tank and they seemed to make a big difference to me!

is your tank acrylic?  It looks like it might be - THAT makes a big difference, too!

I like how your tank is sort of free-standing - is it on top of a counter?

365707[/snapback]

Well, Speedy is just blurred. :)

No, the tank is just a regular old glass tank, which is on top of a table next to the window.

I wish i had an acrilic tank.

Thanks for taking a look at the picture

Archived