New Tank

Maceo

Ok I just got a 55 gallon for my goldies and want to move my betta in to the ten gallon that my goldies are in now so will I have to do a whole tank scrub down or just change the water and leave the gravel how it is? And will it be too much stress to move him into a larger tank? He's three years old. Thanks!

:D Congrats on the Bigger tank for the Goldies! I would first check all the Parameter's first on the ten gal. tank to make sure that they're all reading well. I'd probably do a small water change also.Sometimes Betta's get a little freaked when moving into bigger tanks-sometimes they don't.Unfortunately,the only way to tell how he'll like it ,is to just give it a go. What kind of filter do you have on that ten gal.? Before you place him in there,I'd make sure that he had some "Hidey Holes",and some nice greenery to hang out in to make him feel a little more safe/comfortable,in his big new space. :) With the new tank,it sounds like everyone will turn out to be winner's! Good luck!

Thanks for the advice I don't think about the Hidey holes but I can imagine that he would like that very much!

:) I have noticed that my Betta's no matter what size tank they are in love them.I just think that all the open tank space overwhelms them at first,and that having somewhere to "hide" makes them feel a little less vulnerable. ;)

Archived