What I Just Realized....

Guest jimmy_396_jimmy

:exactly the fancies have the big round gut, so all their innards are rumpled up to fit in there, so they get a lil clogged sometimes..where as commons, etc are nice and streamlined, just like their innards!

:exactly   the fancies have the big round gut, so all their innards are rumpled up to fit in there, so they get a lil clogged sometimes..where as commons, etc are nice and streamlined, just like their innards!

361577[/snapback]

:exactly

Any fish can develope floaty problems but as the others have suggested, the slim line shape of commons/comets allow them to expel trapped air more easily than their rounded cousins.

This makes me wonder if many cases of SBD are actually misdiagnosed cases of indigestion or gas.

Guest Esareh
Any fish can develope floaty problems but as the others have suggested, the slim line shape of commons/comets allow them to expel trapped air more easily than their rounded cousins.

361649[/snapback]

Trapped air? so if im reading this right. Fishies fart? :fart

i believe you with the nitrates. ever since i got my live plants, Lily, would sometimes have floaty problems, but now i never have nitrates, she never has problems anymore :)

Archived