I Am Still In Need Of Help

Guest cerwin

Guest cerwin

Yesterday I posted a message on here and today I am going to try again to see if I can find someone to talk with about my goldfish. Yesterday I woke to finding what I am almost possitve were eggs along the upper waterline in my aquarium. Didn't know what to do so I put the adult goldfish into another tank. Anyway this morning the eggs from yesterday looked like they dried up. When I looked in the tank I had moved the adult fish too I was amazed to see the same thing along the waterline in that tank. So I then cleaned out the tank that had had the eggs in it from yesterday and moved the adult fish back into there. I made one of the spawning mops I had read about on here and moved it along on the waters edge of the other tank and most of the eggs I assume are on it because I don't see them along the waterline anymore. I want to know if anyone thinks that they will survive or not. The fish I am assuming is the female laying the eggs keeps hanging around the bottom of the tank. This is her third day of doing this. Will she be laying more eggs or is she done. I have two other goldfish and don't know what sex they are. But they are swimming around just fine. The things that I am finding along the water edge look like little tiny bubbles but they aren't and when I put my homemade spawning mop in the tank they stuck to it. I am really excited about all of this and just want to do everything right. I am hoping to find someone who is willing to talk with me through out this whole process if they are eggs so I make sure to do things right. Thanks so much. Carla

Hm, lets see if we can figure this out.... :)

Assuming that those bubbles don't burst when the spawning mop catches them, it could be eggs, yes. Did you notice any of the other fish chasing around your female, kind of having its face always at the anal area of your female? You'll notice that its not a gentle chasing - it can be tough, more like rough housing.

If the eggs will make it depends on a few things - foremost the fact that they need to be fertilized. Females can drop eggs without a male, but the eggs of course won't go anywhere that way.

What color do the "bubbles" look like - clear or milky? When you look really close, do you see anything tiny and black in there, like a dot?

Archived