Red Lights In Telescope's Eyes

akk0415

My black moor has changed into an orange telescope and I think she has grown quite a bit. Recently, I have noticed red lights in her eyes (no she is not possessed) and they have the illusion of floating outside the pupil. Anyone have an explanation for this? I am very curious.

Guest Esareh

OHHH! the whites (dunno what else to call it) comes out a wee bit over the telescope. mabey its reflectiong the orange of her scales

Nope. If you look in the pupil, you can see red spheres, maybe 1 1/2 or two at a time but, even though they are deep within her eye ball sometimes they appear to hover outside the pupil. It's a wild illusion. Just curious if any other members with telescopes have observed this and if anyone knows the cause. Especially if the cause is dangerous.

Instincts tell me is an anatomical thing. I just really am dying to understand it.

Hee Hee. The white/orange telescope in my signature gets those strange red lights too. I think it is just the tank light reflecting in the retina similar to the way dog's or cat's eyes reflect green in the light.

I see a patern! Its only telescopes with orange on them (so far anyway)

361359[/snapback]

You may have a point, may have something to do with the orange pigmentation, perhaps it's in their eyes also. I have lots of telescopes, other orange ones too but have only seen this phenonema in Cutie-Pie.

Blood vessels! GN has that, too! At first I missed his black but when his eyeballs started to go white - it was so cool! - I could see all the layers of tissues and the blood vessels (he even has one very big one on top of his eye - I think it can be seen in some of his pix). But I can see layers deep into his eye... the deep blood supply would be coming from behind and wrapping around the eye which would like points if viewed from head on. Amplified by some reflection from layers of tissue around the eyeball. Isn't it neat?!

Or is it something else completely?

Archived