Green Water Or No Green Water

maniacholic

Preferences; Green water, Or Pristine Water?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Preferences; Green water, Or Pristine Water?

• I Hate Green Water
    • I Love Green Water
    • I Prefer Clear Water
    • I Prefer Green Water

:lol: Green water is a gift! :lol:

Clear water is prefered in the tank for the sake of taking clear pictures. I keep a tank half full with greenwater for growing infurosia.

360911[/snapback]

What's infurosia, any ways this poll can be for both tank + pond

Guest Esareh

I prefer clear. After the fungus medicine miss hap, im SICK of seeing green. it dyed everything green! even the sides of the tank! SOS pads anyone?

I prefer clear. After the fungus medicine miss hap, im SICK of seeing green. it dyed everything green! even the sides of the tank! SOS pads anyone?

361199[/snapback]

:rofl similar occurence here, only with methylene blue, but I don't mind blue

Guest Chishower

Pssh, I would LOVE green water, but apparently 20 hours of light a day isn't enough for it to grow. I can't even get brown algea to grow.

Grrr...someone send me some green water!!!

Pssh, I would LOVE green water, but apparently 20 hours of light a day isn't enough for it to grow.  I can't even get brown algea to grow.

Grrr...someone send me some green water!!!

361439[/snapback]

what type of lighting do you have?! <_<

Guest Chishower

I have a UVA/UVB florecent light someone got for me for my snakes who didnt need it just so I can see them at night, and during the day they sit next to an open window. Its almost the same as being outside.

As soon as I move I might spend a little money to invest in a REAL tank lighting system. Of course, thats after I get all the other stuff I plan on splurging on...

I have a UVA/UVB florecent light someone got for me for my snakes who didnt need it just so I can see them at night, and during the day they sit next to an open window.  Its almost the same as being outside.

As soon as I move I might spend a little money to invest in a REAL tank lighting system.  Of course, thats after I get all the other stuff I plan on splurging on...

361454[/snapback]

I have no idea what does are but anyways good luck :rofl

Guest Esareh

361199[/snapback]

:rofl similar occurence here, only with methylene blue, but I don't mind blue

361429[/snapback]

It was fish poo after peas green :ill

Crystal clear for tanks(for taking pictures as previously stated) and green for ponds!

361747[/snapback]

I agree with that! I don't have ponds.... It would sure be hard to keep a POND clear though :D I like the clear water in tanks it gives a much more clean vibe. I think my main tank is getting kind of green, now. I think I like it, it gives off a matural kinda feeling when you look into it.

I definately hate green water. It's so hard to get rid of once you get it. I love it when my tanks are crystal clear and clean.

Clear tanks are a nice thing to look at, but once you have see Daryl's formerly neon green tank before the UV, its a treat, I tell ya! :rofl

Honestly, my tanks are all clear, but not by choice, those darn things just don't get green. The ponds are all green as a pea soup, and thats fine with me. Green pond water makes the fish more invisible to above flying predators, not to mention that fry has a lot of stuff to eat thats just floating around.

Clear tanks are a nice thing to look at, but once you have see Daryl's formerly neon green tank before the UV, its a treat, I tell ya! :rofl

Honestly, my tanks are all clear, but not by choice, those darn things just don't get green. The ponds are all green as a pea soup, and thats fine with me. Green pond water makes the fish more invisible to above flying predators, not to mention that fry has a lot of stuff to eat thats just floating around.

363097[/snapback]

to make a tank a green water tank you must either have abandoned your media base filtration system or have a really weak one, my filter in my green water tank only has oyster shells, this allows ammonia to build up and green water to settle in, I prefer a green water tank for fries though it's easier for me to pick out the culls...

• 1 month later...

I prefer clear water for an aquarium, but only because I like to be able to see my fish. A friend of mine had a green water tank that looked as thick as soup. You could never tell what was in the tank unless they passed close to the glass and that was fleeting. Made you kind of think anything could be in there-like some sci-fi

monster.

I do believe you when you say it's healthy, and if I had a pond I would want the water to be green. Not my tanks though.

I want to try making a green water tub outside but I know I have to put a fish in there to get the ammonia going. I would use a comet probably, as the instructions I read online say to use a hardy fish. My only concern is that I don't really want a comet and if he survives and I manage to get green water, I don't know what I'd do with the fish!

Archived