Pregnant Molly!

Hey everyone! I've had two pregnant mollies before. One only had one baby before she died in child birth, and the other had lots of healthy beautiful babies that had been eaten by the other fishes in the tank by the end of the day. How can I save the babies this time? I was thinking using this 5 gallon betta vase that hasn't been used for a while and putting an air pump thingy so creat bubbles so the water has some current and they'd be safe. This ok? Or do I need to set something else up. Little help?

you could use a floating breeding trap, it has a grill in the bottom so the fry swim into it when born then take mum out and they can stay in it till they get bigger, or like you say use another tank.

Guest danielle92
:D Or you can put the mother in another tank when the mom is showing signs like if she won't eat or when she is hiding and after the birth you can take her out of the tank. So the fry will be safe. I have 2 pregnant guppies. Good luck! :heart

i wouldnt use a floatsing trap, their a pain to clean. I used breeder nets, that hang on the side. easy to clean, and the babies did awsomely! :D

congrats!

Archived