Is It Possible To Have

Debi0825

The reason I ask is that most are now about an 1 to 1 1/2 inches long (with one almost 3 inches, I swear he ate a frog). I saw some last night that are teeny tiny (1/8 of an inch or so). How often will the fish breed with the nice 85+ degree temps?

Sure, how many females do you have? Mine used to spawn at different times. This year no one has spawned, I think because of the sickness that lasted all year last year (thank God they are all well!). Maybe I'll get a late spawn though who knows. Anyhow, I would imagine your females are like mine and they spawn at different times.

Scott

Sure, how many females do you have? Mine used to spawn at different times. This year no one has spawned, I think because of the sickness that lasted all year last year (thank God they are all well!). Maybe I'll get a late spawn though who knows. Anyhow, I would imagine your females are like mine and they spawn at different times.

Scott

360819[/snapback]

Thanks Scott. I was hoping you'd answer. As far as I can tell, I have 1 female Shubunkin and 3 males. I don't know how many female Koi BUT a few of the fry look like they may be at least part Koi. It it so hard for me to tell the difference between male and female Koi. I'm pretty sure that at least 2 of the Koi are female (out of 7).

Sometimes it is hard to tell. In some cases the only way you know is by watching them spawn! I had a female koi that had a lean body like a male but she had eggs every year. I have three females that I know of now, two of them are huge fat, the other isn't so big. That is the only way to know is if they are wide bodied LOL. At least that is the only way I know of, unless you watch the spawn take place.

I was told that if your koi has split wiskers, kind of like split ends for your hair LOL it is male. One of the koi I lost last year had split wiskers and it was a male so maybe that is another way? But generally they don't have split wiskers so I don't know how accurate that is.

Scott

Archived