Fishies In Or Fishies Out?

kortniee

What do you usually do during a normal water change?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually do during a normal water change?

• 1) Leave the fish in.
    • 2) Move them to another container.

Personally, I leave them in because I just have trops at the moment, and they're extremely fast and I have a lot of plant cover. So I don't really have an option.

But I still think I'd leave them in even if I could get them out.

Guest Chishower

I take them out. I have heard about too many accidents with syphons, and my fish must attack and try to eat everything that goes into the tanks. Its just too risky for my blood.

I leave mine in but I'm very careful. It doesn't seem to stress my fish at all. They just pester me while I'm doing it. They are so curious and they swim around my hand and nibble on me. :D

I leave them in, but I'm very careful. I don't lift the siphon up very high, so they can't get caught under it, and I never leave it unattended. Those little stinkers always try to eat the waste that gets kicked up though...YUCK!

Guest labrat99

I agree with Maceo. I think it's more stressful on them to be netted and moved than to leave them in while siphoning. I do have a couple of fish that I can tell it bothers but the rest pretty much move to the other end of the tank and wait.

Labrat

Guest Chishower

I don't use a net. My fish are so used to it, when the cup goes in the water they swim in and let me take them out, or I take them out by hand when I dont have a clean cup.

:)

I always leave my fish in when I siphon water out. The fish are much bigger than the siphon so there is no chance of them getting bothered by it. :D

I agree that it is stressful to take them out.

:exactly

if your talking about 10%-20% changes like weekly or something then i leave my goldies in the tank...i didnt really read the whole thing properly and i vote the move to new container..i thought it was a full change of water rofl

Guest Esareh

I leave mine in as well. It is very stressfull for the fish if you take them out. Mine have prettymuch learned to avoid the gravel vac =D

I leave my fishies in, so they don't go through the stress of moving from one place to another and then back again (this removes some of their protective coating).

i leave them in during normal cleanings, they dont go around the syphon, the mostly stay at my hand giving me 'kisses' :blink: but when i do big cleanings, i move them to another tank...

I am still lurking for a python that can go up a flight of stairs.

360337[/snapback]

sollcitus...i have the same problem with the python going upstairs...we poked a hole in the wall, and put a vent thing there, so i canjust stick the python through there and it comes out the ceiling downstairs! easier then trying to stretch it all the way down the stairs! maybe try that? :rofl

I leave mine in. They stay away from the syphon but love to play around my hand. Like everyone else that voted to leave them in it is so I don't stress them out. :exactly

Archived