Tank Cleaning...

Guest JustJayde

Guest JustJayde

I was just curious for a general 30 - 50% water change and glass wipedown...

Do you leave your fishies in the tank or take them out and stash them in some of their water somewhere :)

I have asked a few people what they do , just out of curiosity and they seem to be split 50/50. Some think its stressful to remove fishies, some think its stressful to clean around them.

If I wasn't a total dummy I would make this a poll :( but alas! No idea how LOL

Guest Chishower

I always take mine out. I have heard far too many horror stories about fishies getting caught in syphons and getting hurt. I just scoop them out in a big cup into a plastic container with tank water, do what I need to do, and put everyone back. No room for syphon accidents.

Guest JustJayde

Can someone remake this post as a poll just so we can see more clearly defined numbers at the end?

I always used to clean with fish in the tank, but I have never had fancy siphoning stuff ;)

I use a good ol air line tube........ and I use a baster to get it started, then dangle it into a pail. Takes me about 3 hours to do a 20% change lol its part of why I wanted a bare bottom :)

Guest JustJayde

LOL well normally I am the most impatient person in the world....

But I am so happy to have the tank running.

I am a water baby and love the sound of the tank, and the look.

I just wish the motors were quieter so I could hear the water louder lol

I like the tank too, but I'd rather just sit and watch than have to grub around in the gravel hunting for poops.

I just learned that you can't make a poll in the equipment forum, otherwise I think you probably could have done it no problem. I just made one in the Goldfish Discussion instead.

Guest JustJayde

aha ok

*feels dense ;) lol

yea I remember having rocks in the bottom and how gross it was because it was so hard to clean

This time around, I am totally bare bottoming it. Loving it!

Archived