I Found One!

:D I went to wlamart the other day, you know, just browzing. I saw this BEAUTIFUL calico lionhead. He took my breath away! He is only 5 dollars, and I am thinking he is or is near adulthood. There are a couple problems: 1. He is coming from nnnnnn and 2. he literally has NO scales! I gave examined him very throughly, and I saw maybe 5 scales on his whole body, he looked very entergetic and happy though. Should I buy him, and try to quarentinne him? Or should I forget about it?

Guest Chishower

...It might be worth a try. If he is bigger and older, be might be able to take treatment better.

I would give it a shot. He sounds so pretty.

Is it possible that his scales are just not shiny? Some matte fish look like they have no scales when in fact they actually do.

If I were a fish, I would certainly not be acting normally in the absence of my scales.

hmmm maybe your right kortniee... I think I will give it a try, I will go over hopefully sometime today :D I will have to get some pics, He has a long flowing tail, and beautiful red black orange spots all over him, and he is so big! I thought it was cool, I went to see the babies, and they were so tiny, sometimes its so hard to believe how much they grow. :D

I'd go for it. If he's acting normally, then you have no reason not to take him home. If you don't, someone else will, and chances are that person doesn't know about Koko's!

Just put him under quarantine and close supervision for a bit, as you would with any fish.

I'm excited for you! :D

aww sounds great, yep im sure he has scales they are just matt instead of shiny my calicos r like that and the few shiny scales they do have look like sequins and its gorgous :D

nnnnnn gets bashed sometimes, but, depending on the store, you can get good, healthy fish from there; I got three of my four orandas there and two of them were very gorgeous. I wouldn't worry about that unless your nnnnnn doesn't take good care of their fish, and he will be QT so you don't need to worry about disease spread.

He's probably just a spangled calico, like Kortinee and Lillypetal said; matt scales with a few mettallic. I hope you get him! Good luck!

Guest labrat99
nnnnnn gets bashed sometimes, but, depending on the store, you can get good, healthy fish from there; I got three of my four orandas there and two of them were very gorgeous. I wouldn't worry about that unless your nnnnnn doesn't take good care of their fish, and he will be QT so you don't need to worry about disease spread.

He's probably just a spangled calico, like Kortinee and Lillypetal said; matt scales with a few mettallic. I hope you get him! Good luck!

360126[/snapback]

I agree on both counts. It sounds like he's a Matte Calico w/a few metallic scales. The effect can be quite dramatic. Also, you can get some decent fish at nooppee - just look carefully at ALL the goldfish they have for signs of illness and treat your new fish accordingly. Whether he's obviously sick or not, I'd definitely quarantine him. Good luck and if you get him, please post pics. He sounds pretty.

Take care.

Labrat

Guest LiL sTepHii 143

I heard of buying fish at nnnnnn but I heard they stopped that :idont . I dont think they have them in NJ ... because theres no Walmarts in NY. WOW If i had a nnnnnn with animals in it ... id be in heaven... clothes shopping.. food shopping.. material shopping and fish searching..... :fart

Okay the tank was high up and it turned out to be a fantail. He has beautiful black spots all over his tail :D and he has the scale situation as previously posted, all of his colors just mix so well!!!! I will get some pics up as soon as I can, right now i am in the process of getting him aquanted with the water in the quaratine tank :D I am so exited!

Archived