Fresh Veggies

Guest deedeesue

Guest deedeesue

Hi all.

I've had a new apple snail in my tank for about a week now, and I can't get him to

eat anything but progold and brown algae. :blink:

I have tried pealed squished peas, a peeled sliced grape, and I just now set him on top of some fresh kale. He seems to "taste" these things,

but then just crawls away apparently disinterested.

Do I need to cook the kale, or blanch it?

:why:

Guest Chishower

You could try it. I know my snails love cucumber, you can try that.

Maybe he just isnt eating enough for you to notice?

Your snail may just not want to eat any veggies. The only thing my apple snails would ever eat was cucumber. You may have a picky snail. You could try cooking the veggies though - they would be more likely to eat them. Good luck! :)

Guest Chishower

I just put part of a peach in there, and they haven't left it sense so you could try that. It is soft enough for him to be interested, too. And they dont float as much as those blasted cucumbers.

Guest deedeesue

thanks everyone.

You were right Andy, Skipper did eat alittle bit of the kale, I just did'nt notice it until I took it out. :D

next time I'll try cooking it a little to soften it. He is definitely not starving through :)

:) If you microwave the sliced cukecumber in a little bit of water for maybe a minute,those cukes will sink.Also using a Veggie clip is the best for non sinking foods too. :)

Archived