Orchard Is So Much Better Now :d

Kissy

I got my betta, Orchard one week ago. he was in horrible condition...very dull muddy color, fins basically destroyed, and extremely inactive and shy. The petstore people never cleaned out his cup. He has made such a turn around!

I house him in a three gallon with his "tree cave" and clean water, it made so much of a difference! His fins have already healed and grown back tons, and his color has gone from muddy rust, to rusty burgendy. He isn't so shy anymore, and I was able to hand feed him yesterday :) He patiently waits at the surface for his meals, giving me the "betta eyes" lol! I just wanted to give you guys a little update on him, I'll try and have pics later.

I was doing his first water change the other day and had to put him in a cup. Man did he put up a fight!!! He did NOT want to go back to the cup!!! He was rather upset, but was relieved the situation wasn't permanant when I put him back in his home with nice clean water :)

:heart Lauren and Orchard

Guest Chishower

Yay! I was hoping he would make it. Bettas are such tough little buggers. :heart

He sounds so pretty now! I am going to sit and wait for pictures now. ^.^

Yah, Orchard is my first rescue where everything went right (so far lol) He's adorable, and he has the cutest personality. I think he's begining to realize that he IS cute...he's gaining his confidence back :D

And those betta eyes..I knew I was in trouble the minute I saw Orchard laying at the bottom of the disgusting cup. He just looked at me and I melted :)

Awww... I demand pictures! Tell your mom that Tessa's remote relation from Kansas has a betta addiction and without pictures, she'll go into a withdrawal coma.

...or not. Pics would be nice, though. I'm so excited for him!

AHHHH guess what!! Orchard made his first bubble nest today!!!! I'm so proud of the little guy, he's definately feeling better! He definatly needed a reward..extra Hikari pellets a snack, lots of love, and even more pictures! My cell phone is now packed with pictures of all my fish, and like three pictures of his bubble nest. Taking pictures of him was almost as hard as pictures of my tetras, he's so active now :heart

Haha, okay I'll tell her about "Tessa's kind cousin in Kansas who demands pictures!!" Cell phone pictures aren't the best, and they are all top view, but they're still pictures to share!!! I'm gonna ask my dad if I can have the photo sending capability next month...I'm gonna load this website with tons of pictures of all four of my fishies :D Bad news..it might take up to a month. I'm so excited for little Orchard :)

Guest JustJayde

awesome! :) good job making a happy fishie :)

Betta's are so beautiful. I have never seen one that didn't make my breath trip just a little.

Archived