How Much To Feed?

Guest Kara101584

Guest Kara101584

How much would you suggest I feed my 2 goldfish. I currently have Wardley Floating Goldfish Pellets... this food any good?

Thanks!!

Hi,

How big are your fish? A good suggestion is to feed an amount that they will eat in a couple of minutes. Any leftover food will rot and pollute the tank. Once a day is fine but you could feed them twice a day and give a bit less at each feeding.

Overfeeding can raise the nitrates too high and that is not good.

Many of us here feed our fish sinking pellets since they can gulp air eating floating food. And it can caused a floating problem--swim bladder disorder.

I think that Wardley is a good brand of food. But I feed my goldies ProGold which are sinking pellets.

:)

Guest Kara101584

From about mouth to tail they are 4 inches long. One is an orange faintail, the other is a red cap oranda.

EDIT: Here's a photo...

100_2309.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest drr11111

I have three outdoor ponds. One is 200 gallons the other two are 175 and 100. I just got two telescope fish. I think I might have made a mistake because I put them in the 175 gallon pond which have one koi and six small comets. I can't move them to the other ponds because they have koi and comets in them. Any suggestions on what to do on making sure they get enough to eat.

Archived