New Filter

Guest not_trendy_7

Guest not_trendy_7

Ok so today I finally convinced my mom to give me money for a filter...it's up and running, but the water seems warmer then it was before I put the filter in.

It's called the Smallworld Fishbowl Filter Kit. It came with the filter, pump, air stone, and tubing. It only cost about $13, so it obviously isn't the most top of the line filter

Any ideas as to the temperature spike or what to do about it?

that is a tiny filter, what size tank to you have? and how many fish? its pretty much impossible for a filter alone to change your temperature of the water. :blink:

Guest not_trendy_7

It's a tiny tank with 4 fish (I know I know 10 gals per fish) I'm low on money so bought the cheapest filter I could find.

The temp seems to have gone down since I posted, maybe it was the light? No idea, it seems okay now though.

Thanks anyways! :thanks

hmmm, well the light definately could do it, what do you ahve? a strip lite? incandescent (screw in bulbs)

you probably shouldnt have boughten the cheapest filter, since that alone could play a part in life or death for you little ones :( what i would do is daily water changes, and save my money for a nice big tank of appropriate size, if you have 4 fancies, 40 galoons, if theyre 4 commets/commons then about 80 gallons :blink:

Archived